Saturday, February 4, 2012

FRIENDS!

I was just thinking about my friends because I feel like talking. But every time I want to do that I have to first go through this time consuming [brain time not human time] process of deciding whom to talk to. And I just realized that I actually pick the category of friends and then pick a friend from that category. My friends can be divided into the following categories o.O

Shaadi Friends - Well, this one has quite a few members. These friends are the ones I have spent a lot of time with and they're more like casual fun friends. Recently married, I mostly find myself avoiding communication with them because they no longer have topics that interest me. They're either convincing me to get married or telling me about how cute/awesome/adorable their husband is. And if they're feeling too excited, they throw in information about their sex life, which can be very awkward. I usually just sit and smile and nod and may be throw in a one liner or something.

Nerd Dost - These are the friends I actually enjoy talking to. They're not necessarily good students but have a lot of knowledge and I always end up learning something new. I love interacting with them and actually communicate. You know...like give opinions and speak up. But these conversations involve no feelings or emotions. Such topics are purposely ignored so when Im emo I cant go to them.

Geek Dost - Yes, theres a difference between a geek and a nerd. This circle of friends include people crazy about comics, games, action figures, documentaries, and fancy music. I dont have much to contribute with them because Im not in to any of these but I find their insane fascination with all these pointless fictitious things somewhat amusing. They speak of emotions as they are explained in comics and often express themselves using lines from Lord of the Rings or some other Japanese/Korean thing. I mostly dont understand what theyre talking about but its fun making fun of their obsessions.

Stupid Friends Who Think They're Smart - We all have those. Im just friends with these because they're good people and quite helpful when needed. If only they could cut down on talking and stop asking me stupid questions as if it were a technical one. Try hard to insult the other person but the bad grammar wont let them. But they're good people. Deep, deep down inside. Also a bit vain. But we all are.

The Average Clan - These people dont excel in anything. They're not geeks or nerds or married or that stupid. Average intelligence....only like things to an extent and havent yet discovered their object/field of interest. They're going with the flow trying to figure things out. Make good conversational partners but lack ambition which makes them boring after a while. I guess I too fall in this category. Because I bore myself.

I think I need more friends.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ye shadi blues hain na?

uzme said...

LOL ismah!!
Nahi. Shaadi nai horai. I have too many influential people on my team:p

The Me. said...

I too need more friends. The talkable kind.

Almas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
uzme said...

But I wanted to read what you had to say...=[
Why do I have a feeling it was rida :\

Almas said...

why won't u take a chance on me? it was me btw...

Roshni said...

I wanna' know what this topic is that you wanted to talk about that required so much analyses o-0

uzme said...

OMG Almas...I told you Im straight.

Roshni...nothing in particular. Just random conversation:\

The Me and I should be friends u__u

The Me. said...

I like this face u_u

Doodhpati said...

I am thinking what category I fall in -_-

Rida. said...

screw you if I am in that married category cuz I definitely do not fit in there or may be just 1 out of three BUT! SCREW YOU!!

uzme said...

Lol...I havent even spoken to you since you got married, so no you do not fit the criteria :p